Monday, April 16, 2018

The Dream

I had a dream this morning. 

The people in my dream are my older sister Lee Ann (who passed back in 1991), Dad (who just passed this year, January 2018), my younger sister Lori and me.

Here is the dream:

My sister Lee Ann and Dad are walking in front of my sister Lori and I. As we are walking along the sidewalk, I am looking around enjoying the beauty of the campus. 

We approach a brick building. Williamsburg architecture. A very attractive setting. 

Lee Ann, Dad, and Lori follow the sidewalk that veered to the right that led to a front door.

I followed the sidewalk that went to the left that led to a different front door of the same building.

I yelled over to them and asked, “Where are we going?”

Lori whispered to Lee Ann and then Lori replied, “The second floor.”

I go in my front door and I find myself in a small storage room with a pile of old wooden creates that you have to climb in order to get to the second floor. 

I start to climb but, I could barely get half way until I hear my little sis yell, “Dad has fallen.”

I start climbing down from the boxes.

Lori yells again, “Dad has died.”

I reach the floor of the storage room. I had tears flowing down my face. 

Lori meets me there and says, “Come and help. I left Lee Ann and Dad halfway up the stairs.”

We go out the front door that I came in and run to their front door. The room that this front door leads to is fabulous. I ask Lori, “Where are they?”  She says, “The stairs are on the left. But someone has placed a stand here in front of us with a single card attached.”

It is a slender single pedestal stand with a harp shaped clip holding a single card.

I pluck the card from the clip and the artwork on the front of the card is just amazing.  

Lori says, “Turn the card over.”

I turn the card over and just stare at it.

She says, “What does it say?”

“Heaven.” I reply, “It only says, Heaven.”

Lori starts to cry as I look up the most beautiful set if stairs. It looks like they go to the Grand Ball Room. I ask, “Where are they on the stairs?” 

Lori looks up the empty staircase. Looks at me and says, “I left Lee Ann and Dad right there.” As she, points halfway up the grand staircase.

A breath of fresh air passed between us and I heard a voice that I have not heard in decades. 

It was my sister Lee Ann’s voice and she said, “Mom and Dad are fine. I helped Dad the rest of the way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harmonica: Poem

  Title: Harmonica By: Bruce Hackmann   I'll place my supple lips on you It's what you came here for My unquenchable des...